Saturday, October 25, 2008

Poetry Heartspill # 9

[fictional: the dark side of poetry]


Devoid & Full

I woke up
without emotion
the passed evening
succesfully
washed down the drain
like left over pasta

Not wanting to remember
I dig deeper
Searching
Scavenging

You tricked me deviously

She was on your arm
smiling like a 4 year old
on Christmas Morning
I cringed

I can't look away
the scene photographed in my mind
pain enveloping my eyes
fire breathing up my spine

I needed to yell to scream
Doing what I do best
Angerly Avoiding

Wanting to speak
to utter your name
and then I saw it
glistening

And it fit
haunting eerie
It was clear
like new contacts

Calm Overcame

Deja Vu'
I'd been there before
Doing what I do best

Evoke, perform what I feel

The curtain fell on my memories

I woke up without emotion
but with blood on my hands

the blonde one

No comments: